Friday, March 4, 2011

MARKET UPDATE 4

Now, I want you guys to understand something.  Normally I don't focus so much on what the pros are doing.
But weeks like this when there is a lot of major news coming out I know that manipulation rules the day because the pros are much more liquid.  Meaning that they have a lot more large commercial orders to fill.  Both on the long and the short side.  It;s just a matter of WHEN THEY DECIDE TO FILL THE ORDER...that allows them to control the market for calculated periods.

I mean they will have orders 100 pips above the market and orders 100 pips below the market.  Large orders that they scale into.  If I buy 1000 contracts I don't care if I get a bad deal on 1 contract if the market maker is working for my account.  I'm looking at the average price I get.  Am I making sense?

When the market is normal they need to be accounted for but not necessarily focused upon because, they are in on certain signals also.  But major news causes money to flood into their greedy little hands by virtue of the large amount of new money they suddenly get to manage.

So, don't get me wrong, they are not market gods.  Just, don't get caught bird watching in lion country.

The best way to get a feel for the news game is to gain experience by playing with 1/10th of your normal contract size.  You know, like tossing a small pebble into a body of water to figure out how deep it is and watching the ripples.

CHEER, JERRY
JERRY@FOREXTRADINGMAJIC.COM
JERRYJSTEW@YAHOO.COM

No comments: